Saturday, August 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Hello,

Here's another Birthday card... a super feminine card... that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their August Stash Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge this month is to GET MESSY!  This means using "messy" mediums such as Gesso, watercolors, paint, ink, etc.

Here's my "Happy Birthday" card:
What I used for a messy medium - SHAVING CREAM AND DISTRESS INKS.  
And this was the messiest project I have created in awhile!  Wow!  But the smell was fab!
They were right when they said to make a "bunch" of cardstock sheets at one time... because I won't be doing this again for awhile!  I loved the fun colors that were created simply by dropping distress inks or spray mists onto the shaving cream and swirling it in.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Flowers: Hand Made
Pink Beads
Sizzix Leaf Die
Leaves: Recycled Dryer Sheets
Mister Huey's Color Mist
Rub on Sentiment
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC319)

Using recycled dryer sheets and my Sizzix leaf die, I cut these cute leaves and misted them lightly with a green color mist.  So totally cool! 

The flowers were created by singing the edges over a flame and layering them.  Beads were added in the centers. 

Here's a closer look.

Hope you like my card and I've inspired you to create "something" using recycled items around your home.
Thanks so much for stopping by! 



1 comment: