Sunday, August 18, 2013

Nature

Hi there,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their August Challenge (August13-Bec)... Mixed Media.  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is to use texture and mixed media.  Here are a few examples to spark your creativity:

Texture Paste
Gesso
Crackle Medium
Lace
Muslin
Feathers
Stitching
Beads
Sequins

Papers can be crumpled, embossed and crimped too.

Here's my layout titled, "Nature."
I took these photos of my bleeding hearts shortly after a rain.  Love seeing the droplets on the leaves!

My techniques:
The long rectangle cardstock:  Shaving cream and inks/mists.
Background:  Paint

Since these two techniques didn't really add a lot of texture to my page... I added gems, 3D embellies, ribbon, flowers and glitter gems.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Paint
Gems
3D Embellies
Shaving Cream & Inks/Mists Technique
Sketch: Page Maps (May 2007)

Here's a look at the background and gems.  A corner of the shaving cream cardstock was added on the upper right of the photo. 

Here's a look at the left side of my page.  Isn't the shaving cream technique cool?! 

Just below the flower is a 3D circle embellie. 

Ribbon was tied in a bow on the shaving cream cardstock.  More gems were added to the left. 

Here's the 3D embellie that also serves as my page title. 

Hope you enjoyed my layout.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment