Sunday, August 25, 2013

Today You Are You!

Hello!

It's a beautiful day!
Much better than yesterday... so I definitely can't complain!!
So glad yesterday is behind me!  Ugh!

Today I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for the Quote Challenge (QC27) that I host.  I hope you'll stop by and check it out... as well as all the other great challenges there too! 
You can see my challenge here, which runs from Aug 26 until Sept 16.  So you have LOTS of time to participate!  Hope to see you there!  :)

All you have to do is use the following quote somewhere on the project of your choice.  It can be a tag, digi, card, altered item, or a layout (as I have done).

Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
-Dr. Seuss

Here's my layout titled, "Today you are you!"
Our son with his beloved dog, Tippy!  He was always doing something funny with her... dressing her up in people clothes was so funny!  And here, with these sunglasses.  She has no choice but to go along with it!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Marker
Stencil
Walnut Ink Mist
Various Stickers
EK Success Circle Punch
Fiskars Border Punch
Distressing
Staples
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Ribbon
Die Cut Shapes
Sketch: Page Maps (Mar 2012)

Here's a look at the misting using a dotted stencil.  At the bottom I added ribbon and a cute die cut sticker.

A hand cut tab was added with staples.  A clear sticker (Really?) was placed above the tab.

The larger circle was embossed as well as the star.  And another sticker added.

The green cardstock was distressed along the edges.  And just had to add this sticker on the photo which says, "One-of-a-kind You."

I hand wrote the quote which also serves as my page title.  Another circle and star was embossed.  A sticker circle was added below the star and a small tag above the quote.

Ribbon goes along the top with more die cuts. 

I utilized the puzzle paper and added "Andrew & Tippy" in the squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see you at Soul Scrappers!

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment