Thursday, August 1, 2013

Watching

Hi everyone!

Hope you're enjoying your day!  I plan on getting out there in my garden to do a little weeding.  That's if I can get all these challenges uploaded!

This is a layout I created for the Song Challenge (augsong11) I'm hosting at Colorful Creations.  You can see my challenge here.  I hope you'll pop on over there and check it out.  It's fun!  The challenge runs from Aug 1 to August 14th.
Plus, there's a variety of other challenges going on too!

The song I chose is "Private Eyes" by Hall & Oates.

Here are the lyrics:

I see you, you see me
Watch you blowin' the lines when you're making a scene
Oh girl, you've got to know
What my head overlooks
The senses will show to my heart
When it's watching for lies
You can't escape my
Private eyes
They're watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
They're watching you
Private eyes
They're watching you, watching you, watching you, watching you

You play with words you play with love
You can twist it around baby and that ain't enough
Cause girl I'm gonna know
If you're letting me in or letting me go
Don't lie when you're hurting inside
Cause you can't escape my
Private eyes
They're watching you
They see your every move
Private eyes
They're watching you
Private eyes
They're watching you, watching you, watching you, watching you

Why you try to put up a front for me
I'm a spy but on your side you see
Slip on, into any disguise
I'll still know you
Look into my private eyes

Do you remember them?  I LOVED all their songs!

My challenge is for you to use word(s) from the above lyrics to create your project.  Pretty simple, right?  Well, it is!

Here are some words to hopefully spark your creativity:
scene
watch
heart
escape
play
love
baby
disguise
private eyes
on your side
watching you

See, there are lots of words to choose from.

So, here's my example using the word "watching" as my page title:
This is our son, grandson and two nieces looking out the window.  At what... I'm not sure!  I only remember saying, "Look!" and they all scampered to the window to check it out.  So stinkin' cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: Studio g, Colorbok
Ribbon
Swirly Pearl Bling: Want 2 Scrap
Paper Flowers: Cut from pp
Flowers
Buttons
Distressing
Sharpie Marker
Pearls
Square Brad: Studio g
Clear Sticker Letters
Sketch: Page Maps (Jan 2009)

 A paper flower and another flower were added on the circle where my title is.  The circles were distressed along the edges and a button was used for some of the flower centers and large self-adhesive pearls on others.

Here's a portion of the flower grouping.  Thought I'd utilize the pp and cut these cute flowers from it.  I curled some of the petals and used an embossing tool on others to curl them up and I folded them too.  Just basically played around with them until I liked how they looked.

I absolutely love this swirly bling from Want 2 Scrap!  It was actually two large swirls and I cut them up to use randomly within the flowers.

The journaling block was distressed along the edges too.

Here's a closer look at one of the flowers with a large square brad and the others have buttons and self-adhesive pearls.

More swirly bling... love it!  I used a large button on one of the paper flowers.



Thanks so much for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment