Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Genuine

Hi there,

It's such a beautiful day here!  But the wind is blowing all the beautifully colored leaves off the trees.  
Cleaned a few more things from my garden.  All that's left is cabbage and carrots.  And those will soon be pulled out too.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their October Halloween or Fall & Sketch Challenge (OCTDT).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the sketch:

And here's my layout titled, "Genuine."
These photos are of Andrew with "his" dog, Zoe.  I say "his" dog, because he's not home anymore... so Zoe is technically "my" dog most of the time.  :)

I decided on a Fall theme for my page, using Fall colors and lots of leaves.

Supplies used:
Paper: my Mind's Eye, DCWV
Die Cuts: Cut from pp
Cardstock Letters
Clear Sticker Word

After fussy cutting the leaves... I pinched the ends together for some dimension.

A strip was cut from circles pp and trimmed around a portion to use as a tab which has the date on it.
A couple larger leaves were also fussy cut.

A clear sticker was added below the photo.  More fussy cut leaves were added in the lower right.  The tips of all the leaves were curled upward.

More leaves and nuts were layered in the upper right.

Here's a closer look at the leaves.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment