Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Two "Rock 'n Roll" Cards

Hi there,

I have a couple of cards to share with you that were submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Rock 'n Roll Technique (CC21).  You can see the challenge here.

Basically, you're rockin' and rollin' your stamp onto two different colored ink pads.  I gave it a go.  I don't think I used the best stamps... but I gave it a go anyhow.  Since I didn't really like how the first card turned out... I made another one.

Here's my "For You" card:
I first inked my stamp with the blue and rolled the red in on the edges.  Not required... but I stamped the image again for like a shadow effect.
Ribbon was added along the bottom and sequin flowers along the right above the sentiment.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Sequins
Ink: Red, Blue
Sentiment & Flourish: Heidi Grace Designs
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC05)

Here's a closer look.  I added a sequin butterfly at the top.

And this is my "A Note to Say..." card:
I used the rock 'n roll technique on the tag and the strip along the bottom.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Colorbok, White Cardstock
Ribbon
Hole Punch
Sentiment: Heidi Grace Designs
Tree/Leaves Stamp: Stampin' Up! Leaves of a Tree
Sketch: Splitcoast Stampers (SC06)

Here's the tag taken out of the pocket.  You can see the stamp was inked with a teal and brown ink was used to roll around the edges. 

A closer look at the tag.

Hope I've inspired you to give the "Rock 'n Roll" technique a try too!


And now here are a few pics of the Fall foliage while I was out and about on the roads today.
Hope you enjoy! 



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a wonderful day!!

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member



No comments:

Post a Comment