Thursday, October 10, 2013

Home at Last

Hi there!

I have a wonderful, touching (at least for me) layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking up a Lacy Layout Challenge (CUCC21).  You can see the challenge here.

The criteria:
1.  Use a LOT of lace.
2.  Use a series of similar photos.
3.  Add a fancy journaling box.
4.  Add flowers.

Here's my layout titled, "Home at Last."
We were so happy to finally have our daughter home!  Six months is a long time to be away from her son... and she TOTALLY SURPRISED him!  It was awesome!  I asked Dylan to come over and after hugging him when he came through the door, I told him that I had something for him in the living room.  He never expected it would be HIS MOM!  It was so unbelievably cool!  And the photos are a bit blurry because I was shaking, crying, laughing... and so stinkin happy to have her home and to see the reunion with her boy!

I used everything from the criteria!  Woo hoo!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Lace
Lace Rosettes: Home Made
Gems: Home Made
Ribbon
Ink
Sticker Letters
Marker
Satin Flower: Home Made
Sketch: Page Maps (Dec 2008)

I have lots of this lace... so I may dig it out more often to use.  Love it on this page!

I made all the flowers/rosettes as well as all the gems.  I scattered a few smaller gems below the flowers.

My page title.

The lace and ribbon above the photos.

A closer look at some of the flowers and gems.

My journaling block was traced and fussy cut.  The edges were inked and gems were also added.

More close ups.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment