Friday, March 22, 2013

Sweet

Well, hello again!

I made it to Week 12 at Colorful Creations for their So You Think You Can Scrap Challenge (SYTYCS012)!  So totally stoked!!

Here's all the info about this week's challenge:

The challenge:

1.  Masking
2.  Texture Paste
3.  Some sort of inking
4.  Use the sketch above
5.  Stay true to the sketch

Here's what I've been working on a good part of today.  I got down and messy... and still have a "green thumb" from all the misting!  I'm just so excited that something came to me so quickly!  I usually have to think about it for a day at least.

This is our daughter when she was 5 years old.  She was so excited to show off her new haircut.  Her hair was halfway down her back and she wanted it cut for her Kindergarten Graduation.

Here's what I used:
1.  Masking: The bricks.
2.  Texture Paste: I made some and used it on each heart.
3.  Inking: I used a light ink for the edges of the paper strips and a darker ink to stamp the images on these paper strips.
4.  I used the sketch.
5.  I stayed true to the sketch.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Bricks Masking
Color Mist: Home Made
Texture Paste: Home Made
Swirls & Flowers Stamp: Cloud 9
Ink: A la mode Pink, Vivid! Raspberry
Hearts with texture paste
Clear Stickers Title

 Here's the upper right of my page.  I misted the brick background from a mask that I made.  I added a thin strip of paper which was lightly inked along the edges then stamped with a darker ink using a border stamp.  The clear stickers were added as the title.  This is one of many texture paste hearts.

A closer look at the textured hearts.  I had so much fun making this paste!  It's so weird that I actually had a "recipe" on my wall as something to do someday!  Then this challenge came along and I got all excited to actually try it out.  I ended up using another recipe and not the one that was on my wall. 

Here's the recipe... in case you'd like to make your own texture paste (not my own recipe).  Here's the link to the person who created this paste:

1 Cup of Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons of White Paint
1-2 Tablespoons of Elmer's Glue

Mix it together and store in an airtight container.  You may have to use a bit of water to get the consistency you want.
 
This is the upper left of my page.  I added another inked strip across the bottom of my photo with the ends overlapping the heart.
I used various hearts from my stash, traced them onto cardstock, cut each one out and used them as a mask for the textured hearts.
 
The masking background is my own creation.  I cut out each "brick" with a crafter's knife.  Yes, this took awhile to accomplish, but I was determined.
I then sprayed a repositionable tacky spray on the back of it so it would adhere to the page for easier misting.  I dried the misting and mask with my heat gun, because the masking paper was thin and I didn't want it to rip... because I had to use it a couple more times!
The mist I used is something I created.  I was excited to purchase some misting bottles that actually misted instead of gobbed onto my page!  And, as a result of the great misting and having to hold my page so that I could mist, I have a green thumb!  Oh well!

 This is the lower right of my page.  A closer look at the misting and another heart.


All the hearts were different sizes.  Good thing I have a LOT of different sizes of hearts!  Hee hee!

I played around with the thickness of each one.  The larger heart is a thicker one and the smaller heart I thinned out a bit.  Oh ya, I added it over the masking with my finger.  That's what worked best for me.



Have a wonderful day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment