Saturday, April 6, 2013

Adventure

Hello everyone!

Hope you're having a wonderful Saturday.

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their So You Think You Can Scrap - Week 14 Challenge.
Yes!  I made it to Week 14!  Woo hoo!  So totally excited!

So... here's the challenge:
No sketch this week... but you have to create a layout using the following, which MUST be included on your page.
1.  Make your own patterned paper (NO pre-printed papers allowed).
2.  Make your own washi tape.
3.  Make your own (texture) paste.
4. Make your own pinwheel.

These requirements are from previous weeks challenges using these techniques and now we're putting them all together on one page!

This is what I created using a sketch from Page Maps (Nov 2008):
This is our son sitting on the dinosaurs at Santa's Village in New Hampshire.  It's a fun place for kids with all sorts of great things to see and do!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Washi Tape: Home Made
Texture Paste: Home Made
Pinwheel: Home Made
Brad
Dinosaur Die Cuts
Wilton Color Mist
Perfect Pearls Mist
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Itty Bitties
Ink: Color Box Blue Lagoon & A la mode Green
Paper Tearing & Distressing
Metallic Rub ons
Stones Stencil
Pop Dots

After putting the pinwheel together, a brad was added in the center and then it was misted.

I distressed the edges of the cardstock dinosaur and adhered him to my page with pop dots.

A closer look at my textured stones!  Love how they turned out!  It's so cool to have all the dimension too!  I misted the whole strip with Pearl color mist and then using my finger rubbed metallic rub ons onto the tops of each stone.
I also added a bit of journaling under this.

Here's my cute little dinosaur... found in my stash!  I distressed the edges a bit and adhered the bottom of him directly to the page and used a pop dot under his head for more dimension.

I created the background using a masking technique, using blue and green inks with a paper towel.

I made the washi tape using regular tape and an old magazine.  Easy peasy!

 
Another strip of washi tape was adhered just below the photos.  You can also see the stamped images on each piece of cardstock.

A closer look at my textured "stones."
  
 

I was trying to get a photo of the dimension.  I had to use a double row of pop "tape" so the photos were lifted off the stones.  Still love how it turned out!

Hope you enjoyed visiting my Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment